VEQTOR is expanding our Automation operations on the east coast of the United States. We are currently looking for an Automation Engineer with a demonstrable PCS background who wants to get involved in providing support for projects from conception to startup. The successful candidate will also be supporting international projects along with the rest of our Automation team.
The successful candidate must
- have a passion for applying computer system technologies to improve project execution outcomes.
- be interested in learning new approaches and have an open mindset.
- be interested in working in teams that are across the globe.
- Supporting PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Designing, developing, programming, and testing systems.
- System monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Managing automation projects including external vendor management.
- Modify existing programs from customer requirements.
- Provide technical support in developing and improving processes.
- Review, update and/or generation of Automation System Life Cycle documentation.
- Knowledge of minimal C&Q protocol requirements and aid with authoring these protocols.
- Supporting clients with the execution of C&Q projects.
- Working with teams across the globe to support project execution.
- Supporting clients on sites if required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Coding\development troubleshooting experience with Siemens & Rockwell SCADA, PLCs & HMIs.
- 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Detailed knowledge of automation system architectures.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to perform critical analysis of situations and provide recommendations.
- Problem-solving, creative thinking, and interaction with upper management and design teams.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with structured guidance.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to uphold VEQTOR values and demonstrating honesty, integrity, pride, accountability, teamwork, and commitment.